Friends of Swiss Institute is a dynamic group of art lovers united in their passion for contemporary art on both sides of the Atlantic. Throughout the year you will receive invitations to our exhibition openings, artist dinners, and supporters-only events, including studio visits in both Switzerland and the United States. In June, Friends of SI are invited to an exclusive preview of Art Basel’s Art Parcours as well as to a private lunch with artists and supporters. Patrons of the Arts can participate in individual walk-throughs of the fair with SI Director Simon Castets. As a prelude to our annual SI Benefit Dinner & Auction, we welcome our supporters to a special New York Friends of SI day of events including studio visits, special exhibitions viewings, and private collections visits. In 2014, we introduced a new level of support: the Director’s Circle, with contributions starting at $7,500. Director’s Circle funds exclusively support our exhibition programming, directly enabling SI’s distinctive curatorial vision. Friends of SI play a significant role in the cultural vitality of Swiss Institute as an institution for contemporary culture in New York. We extend a heartfelt invitation to you to become a Friend of SI and look forward to seeing you at future events.
Friends of SI Switzerland Committee: Susanne von Meiss and Stefan von Bartha, co-Heads, Marius Neuenschwander, Treasurer, Dayle Bechtler-Lustenberger, Nicolas Bernheim, Florian Gutzwiller, Gaby Nahmani, Rahel Neuenschwander, Sabine Parenti, Oskar Weiss
Friends of SI U.S. Committee: Esteban Arboleda, Abby Bangser, Sophia Cohen, Justine Durrett, Alexandra Economou, Heather Flow, Bettina Korek, Melissa Stewart, Elise van Middelem, Thea Westreich and Ethan Wagner, Begum Yasar, Tiffany Zabludowicz, Katja Zigerlig
Philip Aarons and Shelley Fox Aarons, Sarah Arison, Philippe Bertherat, Martin Bisang, Monique and Max Burger, Bridgitt Evans, Marian Goodman, Anne Keller Dubach, Pierre and Christina de Labouchere, Rachel and Jean-Pierre Lehmann, Almine Rech and Bernard Ruiz-Picasso
Dayle Bechtler-Lustenberger, Paula Cooper Gallery, Carolyn and Neil Coplan MD, Heather Flow, Gladstone Gallery, Xavier Hufkens, Lisson Gallery, David Kordansky, kurimanzutto, Sprüth Magers, Matthew Marks, Pace Gallery, Mathieu Paris, Metro Pictures, Eva Presenhuber, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Peter and Adelaide Sutter de Vries
SI Architecture and Design Council
Annabelle Selldorf, Chair, Andreas Angelidakis, Marc Benda, Felix Burrichter, Alexandra Cunningham Cameron, Demsich Danant, Beatrice Galilee
Patron of the Arts
Walter and Daphne Kielholz, Bettina Korek, Victoria Miro, Richard and Gaby Nahmani, Eva Presenhuber, Peter and Adelaide Sutter de Vries, Gerd Schepers and Martina Vondruska, Melissa Stewart, Begum Yasar, Franz Wassmer, Oskar Weiss, and those who prefer to remain anonymous
Charles and Fabienne Abrecht, Jeanette Apitz, Esteban Arboleda, Abby Bangser, Gabi Bär, Thomas and Cristina Bechtler, Dayle Bechtler-Lustenberger and Philippe Lustenberger, Eric and Fabienne Bernheim, Nicolas Bernheim, Doris Beyersdorf, Chantal Blatzheim and Augustin Dufrasne, Andrea Bodmer, Anette Bollag-Rothschild, Martin Bösterli and Gitti Hug, Robert and Janet Briner, Spencer Brownstone, Matthias Brunner, Marietta Budiner, Catherine-Anne Burda, Felix Burrichter, Katherine Chan, Sophia Cohen, Andrée Darphin, Karolina Dankow, Karin Deilmann, Katharina and Ato De Vaivre, Ulla Dreyfus-Best, Justine Durrett, Dvir Gallery, Tel-Aviv/Brussels, Birgit Filzmaier, Heather Flow, Ivrea Florio, Peter and Kathrin Friedli, Galerie Buchholz, Christophe and Corinne Gautier, Denise Ginesta, Mariann Grawe and Berthold Herrman, Damian and Melanie Grieder-Swarovski, Claudia Groeflin Ziltener, Florian Gutzwiller, Martin Hatebur, Amanda and Hans-Kristian Hoejsgaard, Frédérique Hutter, Peter Kilchmann, Thomas Koerfer, Seol Cheong Kwon, Werner and Vicky Kummer, Nicole Kunz, René Lahn, Caroline Lang, Maria Larsson, Pak Man Lee, Jonathan Levy, Svetlana Marich, Wolfram Meister, Monika and Simon Michel, Carolina Nitsch, Jutta Nixdorf, Franco Noero, Raphael Oeschger, Evrim and Jessica Oralkan, Maureen Paley, Sabine Parenti, Petzel Gallery, Roman Plutschow, Gea Politi, Edgar Rappold and Gertie Guertler, Christina Scheublein, Barbara Schlagbauer, Thomas Schneider, Sylvie Seidlitz, Cindy Sherman, Pierre Sigg, Max Silver, Chloe Sos, Peter Trueb, Elise van Middelem, Rebecca von Bachelle Zaidman, Stefan von Bartha, Susanne and Hans von Meiss, Charlotte Weinberg-Steiner, Zoe Weinstein, Thea Westreich and Ethan Wagner, Elizabeth Woodward, Tiffany Zabludowicz, Katja Zigerlig
Swiss Institute is grateful to our donors for their generous support of our mission and programming.
Individual gifts play an integral role in ensuring free admission to Swiss Institute.
Friends of SI (Individual $ 750, Couple $ 1,300)
• Invitation to VIP events including previews, select opening dinners, artist studio visits
• Invitation to Art Basel lunch
• 50% discount on Benefactor Benefit ticket for attending Friend of SI (limit one per person)
• Name recognition on website and donor wall
Friends of SI Patron of the Arts ($ 3,000)
• Supporters at this level receive all Friends of SI benefits, plus:
• VIP passes to leading Art fairs upon request, please contact for availability
• Private tour of Art Basel and Art Basel Miami Beach with SI Director upon request
• Invitation to Art Basel Miami Lunch
• SI Art travel opportunities
Director’s Circle ($ 7,500+)
• Director’s Circle funds exclusively support our exhibition programming, directly enabling SI’s distinctive curatorial vision.
• Supporters at this level receive all Friend of SI Patron of the Arts benefits
• Seating at the Director’s Table at the Annual Benefit Dinner
• Invitations to all opening night dinners
• Recognition on website as members of the Director’s Circle
NEW ! SI Architecture and Design Council Member ($ 2,500)
•The Architecture and Design Council provide SI with a crucial source of support for the acclaimed Architecture and Design exhibition series.
• Supporters receive a pre-opening tour with SI Director and Exhibition Curator
• 2 invitations to the exhibition’s opening dinner
• Name recognition on all exhibition related materials including publication
• 2 copies of publications for the Architecture and Design Exhibitions
• 2 Invitations to The Architecture and Design Cocktail at a notable private residence
NEW ! SI Architecture and Design Council Patron ($ 5,000+)
• In addition to all Member’s Benefits Patrons receive 1 annual SI Benefit Dinner & Auction Ticket.
Corporate Friends of SI ($ 5,000)
• Supporters at this level receive all Patron of the Arts benefits for two (2) members
• Recognition on website and donor wall as Corporate Friend of SI
For additional exclusive events and custom benefits, please contact Andrew Alexander, Development Officer at andrew(at)swissinstitute(dot)net; +1 212 925 2035
Swiss Institute/Contemporary Art is an independent not-for-profit organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Federal tax identification number 13-3414346. This organization is a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization, IRS Section 170(b)(2)(iii) for both federal and state tax purposes.